Photo Friday #3

'Franklin Falls'
Not too far east of my house the major interstate in the area splits to straddle a beautiful little river valley, home of Franklin Falls. Those travelling westbound on the highway can actually catch a glimpse of the upper portion of the falls by quickly looking back over their shoulder at the right time. A better way to view the falls is to simply hike the trails that lead to their base. On this chilly October morning in 2004, I did just that. Armed with trekking poles and gators, I hiked along the edge of the cliff near the falls and splashed my way out into the middle of the river. This is one of my favorite photos in my collection and, with fall rapidly approaching, I couldn't help but select it for this week's Photo Friday.


Follow this link to order prints:
http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/DWalsh/PhotoFridays

No comments: