TR Training: Week #9 Numbers

Total Saddle Time: 15 hours, 41 minutes
Total Mileage: 184.3 miles
Total Elevation Gain: 6,990 feet
Weight Loss: +1.0 pounds

Week 9 was a great week, as I got in over six hours on the stationary trainer with the road bike (three hours in one session care of the Spinervals "Tough Love" video), had a peaceful trip to Fort Ebey State Park to ride 17 miles of its very hilly singletrack, and then also did my off-road metric century on Saturday. I felt great all week and, despite putting a pound back on (after snacking way too much Sunday while watching football) I had actually dipped back below the 190-pound threshold ever so briefly during the week. Nevertheless, I have lost about 7 pounds since starting the training program (despite the holidays) and am noticeably more muscular today than I was in November. Kristin accused me of wearing shorts with quadricep pads yesterday because she couldn't believe my cycling muscles were developing so rapidly. That was pretty funny, but more importantly I'm feeling great and enjoying the training.

No comments: