Checking In

Greetings from Tamarindo!!!

It's Sunday afternoon, the temp is roughly 99 degrees (in the shade) and I have my lovely wife by my side! All is well. Pura Vida!

I drove nearly 1,000 miles along Costa Rica's best (not so good) and worst (beyond your imagination) roads. I hiked alongside white-face monkeys and under the flight of scarlet macaws. I spent two days climbing Costa Rica's tallest mountain, Mount Chirripo and managed to summit it at 4:30 am on Saturday morning. I stood at 12,600 foot a full 30 minutes before sunrise and watched the sun rise over the Atlantic. The full moon lit the way and I made much of the final 5 kilometers in the dead of night without artificial lighting. It was an experience I won't soon forget.

Anyway, I'm now in Tamarindo awaiting the arrival of my friends. We have a wedding to attend on Wednesday and a lot of surfing to do in the meantime.

The photos and reports I'll post in the coming weeks won't disappoint.

1 comment:

Jessica A. Walsh said...

I am so glad you got to hike the mountain!!! I've been checking in very day to see if you'd get to post.

Have a great time!