Something Sweet

Couldn't help but smile reading this in the paper today.

It's a story about a guy who surprised his wife of 50 years with a restored 48 Plymouth Coupe that is identical to the one they drove on their honeymoon back in 1958.

Sure it was the same model, and the same baby-blue color as the one they drove to Coeur d'Alene on Dec. 30, 1958, to get married. There was the same winged emblem painted on it.

Indeed, the more she inspected this car, the more it reminded her of their first car. "Oh my gosh, Max, Bonnie, you've got to see it. It's just like ours! It even has the same name as the car we had when we got married!" she recalls telling her husband and sister after spotting "The Blue Goose" painted in small letters above the gas intake.

Then her son told her to check out the owner, listed on the windshield.

When she saw her own name, she figured her husband had spotted the car before she did, and quickly arranged this little joke for her.

"Then he hands me the title to the car, and it hit me. I started bawling and laughing, and everyone around me started clapping," she said.



What can I say? I'm a sucker for happy old-couple stories. Read the full article at Seattle Times right here.

No comments: