Blogs of Note

Whenever I log into Blogger to create another post, I get to see a list of blogs that the Blogger staff, presumably, is currently keen on. I usually give the list a quick sideways glance to see if my own site is among those listed -- it never is -- and then I click the "New Post" link and continue on my way.

One of the blogs listed in today's listing did catch my eye. It's called "By Ken Levine". Being that I'm currently writing the strategy guide for the upcoming videogame Bioshock, my mind immediately made the assumption that the Ken Levine in question was the man behind Bioshock. After all, how many Ken Levines of note can there be?

Apparently two or more.

By Ken Levine is the daily writings of, from his bio, "an Emmy winning writer/director/producer/major league baseball announcer. In a career that has spanned over 30 years Ken has worked on MASH, CHEERS, FRASIER, THE SIMPSONS, WINGS, EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, BECKER, DHARMA & GREG, and has co-created his own series including ALMOST PERFECT starring Nancy Travis. He and his partner wrote the feature VOLUNTEERS. Ken has also been the radio/TV play-by-play voice of the Baltimore Orioles, Seattle Mariners, San Diego Padres."

And I have to say that after reading the first six or so posts on his site, that it's a very interesting blog. The guy is funny, has some great anecdotes and stories to tell (how can he not with that career history) and he's a very good writer (duh). The post titled "Mr. Special Effects" should be a good barometer for you to see if you'll enjoy his other stuff.

No comments: