Worst. Game Names. Ever.

Caught the link to this site today from Gametab.com. It's an article listing off the 50 worst video game titles of all time. It's a pretty funny read, even if you don't like games much and it's made even funnier by the screenshots of the games' title screens and witty comments by the writers of the article.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/feature/worst_names

Some people may not think a game's name matters much, but oh yes it does! Before selling off a large portion of my collection recently, I had over 400 games in my possession. I probably had another 120 or so over the years that I have since parted with, not to mention tons that I've rented, borrowed, or simply demoed.

Of all this gaming experience, do you care to guess how many of the games in this list I actually played? Just one. "No One Can Stop Mr. Domino!" was the only game on the list that I ever played -- it was actually quite good too. For about 15 minutes.

The name isn't everything, but then again it's going to be a long, cold day in hell before I plunk down fifty bucks on a game called "Sticky Balls" or "Tongue of the Fatman".

No comments: