The Forager

I just got back from my run -- a very hot 8.2 miles on trails with 1070 feet of climbing -- and immediately after stretching I opened the refrigerator. People ask me all the time if I get a runner's high. I do, only it's not the type they're thinking of. I get a high from the immense amount of crap I ingest within minutes of finishing my run. Here's what I had today:

  • several tablespoons of left-over black beans & rice (Zatarain's pwns you!)
  • 1 large garlic dill pickle
  • 2 handfuls of Corn Nuts
  • 2 pieces of taffy
  • ham, turkey, and cheese sandwich with mayo and jalapenos
  • large glass of Odwalla tangerine and carrot juice
  • large glass of iced coffee
  • an apple

I have a group mountain bike ride scheduled for 4 hours from now. I know Kristin was planning on making a salad and ziti and meatballs for dinner. Add some wasabi-coated peas, some chips & salsa, and maybe a few Eggos and a beer to that, and I think that should fill me up for the night.

Oh, and just in case you're wondering, I've lost 12 pounds eating like this.

It's called E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E. Do enough of it and you too can eat all the crap in the world.

1 comment:

Jessica A. Walsh said...

How do you make your iced coffee at home? Mine never comes out right.