Sloth Bears, the Deadly Sinners

More from Yahoo.com:

The park confirmed the killing in a statement, saying: "In an area where Sloth bears, great apes and Barbary macaques have coexisted peacefully for a long time, the harmony was temporarily disturbed during opening hours on Sunday."

Bears killed and ate a monkey in a Dutch zoo in front of horrified visitors, witnesses and the zoo said Monday. In the incident Sunday at the Beekse Bergen Safari Park, several Sloth bears chased the Barbary macaque into an electric fence, where it was stunned.


I may not be as fast a runner as I used to be, but I'll be damned if something actually named sloth ever catches me in a footrace. When will those cheeky monkeys ever learn? I guess that small percentage of DNA difference between humans and monkeys is the part that knows about electrified fences. Poor thing. Would have been cool to see live though. Here's the photo.

No comments: