Where My Bitches At?

I don't want to post about politics on this blog because as much as I use this site to serve as an outlet and a way to share and vent, we each deal with enough stuff in our daily lives that piss us off so when you come here to take a break and read what I've posted, I don't want my words to be just another one of those things that annoy you.

And that's why today, in an exception to my rule, I'm going to use Mike Huckabee's words instead.

Mike Huckabee:

No more underground economy: Drug dealers, prostitutes, pimps, gamblers... uh, non-Republicans...

See him say it right here at roughly the 6:05 mark.

I wasn't aware that, as a non-Republican, the money I earn and the taxes I pay are part of the same underground economy relied upon by prostitutes, pimps, and druggies. And all this time I thought I was doing everything on the up-and-up. Stupid, me!

Seriously?

Does he not know that these debates are televised? Does he not know that television signals can be viewed in any household -- yes, even those in "blue states"? Is he not aware that his party is shrinking and that the only way he has any real chance of winning in November (should he survive February) is to be as inclusive as possible and, pardon the phrase, not be an asshole? For every GOP'er in the audience that laughed at that line, I'm willing to bet he turned off at least that many independents or other folks sitting on the fence.

I watched a lot of both parties' debates this past month and it ceases to surprise me just how completely out of touch and completely unlikeable most of these people are. And not for their beliefs, but just for the stupid, smug, comments they make.

November can't get here fast enough. At least then we'll only ever have to hear from one of these jackasses again (Obama excluded).

No comments: