Placeholder Post

I did end up going out to Spokane for the Round and Round 24 Hour mountain bike race this weekend. I was able to do a few laps before I started coughing up a lung, then pulled the plug on the race around 4pm on Saturday. Spent the rest of the day and night as a cheerleader for the friends I have also in the race. I was pretty depressed about the whole thing and pretty angry at my bad luck, but wanted to leave on a happy note. So, despite coughing quite a bit Sunday morning, I went back out for one fast, all-out lap to see what kind of time I could muster.

I'll write more about this in a day or two once the photos from the race photographer are available and I've had time to get over my DNF.

Hope all my US readers are having a good Memorial Day holiday and those of you checking in from overseas had a nice weekend too. Kristin got up super early to get some homework done this morning, but she's going to take a break and go down to the food bank at 2:30 to volunteer with me today. She's been wanting to see what it's like, and this 3-day weekend gives her a chance.

Plus, it gives us an excuse to eat lunch at the Annapurna Cafe, a really great little restaurant specializing in Nepalese food.

1 comment:

Jessica A. Walsh said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Doug. Feel better.