High Pass Challenge

The Cascade Bicycle Club recently announced a new long-distance bicycle ride for September 23rd of this year. It's called the "High Pass Challenge" and will take cyclists on a 120-mile journey over Independence Pass and up to Windy Ridge near Mount St. Helens. The ride is said to contain 7,500 feet of climbing and have a 10-hour time limit (more than enough for moderately strong cyclists). You can read more about the event here. But if you're going to register, do so quickly as it's limited to the first 500 cyclists.

I'm really happy to hear about this ride in this month's Cascade Courier newsletter as I've been wondering what to put on the calendar for after TransRockies. This will be perfect. Just enough of a challenge so that I continue riding into the fall, but not so much that I need to actively "train" for it. Even better, I love riding in the Mount St. Helens and Gifford Pinchot National Forest areas and this will be a great excuse to get in a late September camping trip down there with Kristin and the dogs. We can head down on Saturday and do some hiking and then I'll do the ride on Sunday.

No comments: