Skippin' the Encore

You ever go to a concert and scream yourself hoarse in hopes of one final encore, only to be terribly disappointed? That's how I'm feeling right now. Or, scratch that, that's how I would be feeling if I hadn't already given my sister my PS2 copy of Guitar Hero.

The complete set-list for Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's has been released (see it here on Kotaku.com) and I must say that my initial disapointment that this wasn't coming to the X360 has left me. I'm glad this isn't coming to the X360, as then I would feel obligated to buy it. Just look at that set list! It sucks.

Sure, I know it's kind of popular to trash 80's music, but as a child of the 80's I must say that there was some good stuff back then. Or, at the very least, some really bad stuff that might be fun to play. But this? Come on, man. The Go-Go's? Oingo-Boingo? Winger? Yeah, there's a couple of songs on the list that I do like -- they couldn't all be duds -- but there is hardly enough good stuff there to warrant a $10 purchase over the Xbox Marketplace, should that become an option. And I'm sad by this. The videos released so far of Neversoft's upcoming Guitar Hero III don't really sit right with me just yet, and I'm going to take a long wait-and-see approach with EA & MTV's evil offspring Rock Band, even if it is from Harmonix whose only miscue was ever making a game for the EyeToy. I hate to say it, but I think I may be hanging up the plastic axe for good. And the microphone. And the bongos. And the dance pad. And the drum kit...

1 comment:

Jessica A. Walsh said...

Maybe I'll fail to tell Mike this will be out soon. These songs suck.