The Side Effects of Mariner Success

In case you're not into baseball, let me first inform you that the Seattle Mariners completed a sweep of the Boston Red Sox this week here in Seattle. Safeco Field has become a veritable house of horrors for the over-exposed Red Sox, as they've lost their last 8 games played in Seattle. Boston entered the series with the best record in all of baseball and, fortunately, left town with that honor in tact as the Kansas City Royals also performed a stunning sweep of the Angels. This is fortunate because the Angels are in the Mariners division and are nearly tied with Boston for the best record.

So what's the point, you wonder?

The point is that it's the end of June and instead of counting the days to Seahawks training camp like in recent years, my mind is focused squarely on baseball. So much so that I signed up for the High Pass Challenge this morning without even giving a second of thought to the fact that the ride is on a Sunday. In September. And that I have season tickets for the Seahawks.

When I told Kristin that I registered for the HPC and that it's on September 23rd, she immediately querried me on whether or not the Seahawks were out of town that weekend. D'oh! They're not. They have a home game against Cincinatti; a game I would very much like to attend.

I'm going to do the ride and Kristin will just have to take her friend Kari to the game with her. Kari won't mind, I'm sure. And Kristin will be happy because she'll finally be able to try and profess her love of T.J. Houshmandzadeh in public. Probably while drunk.

By the way: I just have to brag and say that I just Googled's T.J's name to make sure I spelled it correctly and you know what? I got it right on the first try. I clearly watch too much ESPN.

Inside Joke: Kristin doesn't really love T.J., but she does have a thing for ball players with exotic last names. Her maiden name is a one-syllable name and now her married name is plain too. Her current "squeeze" is Houshmandzadeh, but I honestly think she'd leave me if given the chance to become Mrs. Tshimanga Biakabutuka (and yes, that one I did have to look up).

No comments: