Biking In the New Year

No, this isn't a post about going for a midnight ride on New Year's Eve (although now that I mention it...), instead it's about 2008 in general. My self-imposed "mellowing out" period is coming to an end and I'm getting really excited about the upcoming racing year and have planned out a tentative race schedule for next year. There are a couple of question marks on the list thanks to the extreme popularity of some events and my ability to win a lottery spot and/or register in time, but not including any Indie Series events or roadie century rides, this is what I'm tentatively planning:

5/10 - Ore Crusher (Squamish, BC)
5/24 - Round the Clock 24-Hours of Spokane (Spokane, WA)
6/14 - Test of Metal (Squamish, BC)
6/29 - Cascade Creampuff 100 (Oakridge, OR)
7/23 - Gear Jammer (Squamish, BC)
8/09 - Leadville 100 (Leadville, CO)

That will sure keep me busy from May to August and if I mix in a few century rides and maybe, just maybe, RAMROD or STP (going back on everything I said last year), then I might even be able to finish some of them. Maybe. By the way, the three BC races are part of a new series called the Squamish Triple Crown which other than being very hard to enter, should be a lot of fun.

I also just posted the first months-worth of rides in the Endurance Training Series (ETS) that I'm going to be leading through the BBTC. The rides will be each Saturday (unless the Seahawks playoff game is on Saturday) at 10am and those interested can check them out here. I'll be riding several other times each week too, but either on other peoples' rides or by myself.

The first few rides are as follows:

1/05 - Fall City to Tolt-Macdonald Park
1/12 - Snoqualmie Ridge to Tokul West
1/19 - Fort Ebey
1/26 - Snoqualmie Ridge to Grand Ridge

Hopefully the weather cooperates and I get a few other people to show up and suffer along through the rain and mud with me. And hopefully some will show up on a single-speed so I don't have to lead from the rear the whole time.

No comments: