Real Guitars are for Old People

I don't normally watch South Park, but my sister called me up raving about the "Guitar Queer-O" episode so when I saw it available for download on the Xbox Live Marketplace, I had to give it a whirl. Glad I did. Kyle and Stan get so good at Guitar Hero that they actually get signed by an agent who plans to help promote them on their way to 1,000,000 points. Before you know it, the two boys are attending "sex and coke" parties with all the famous people in Colorado (i.e. people in furniture commercials) and blowing off Broncos QB Jay Cutler. Eventually the fame becomes a wedge that drives them apart and while Stan turns to the new game Heroin Hero to dull the pain (because, Guitar Hero is naturally just a gateway game), Kyle finds himself playing Guitar Hero ballads in a run-down bowling alley. Every bit as funny as the World of Warcraft episode. Definitely give it a download if you missed it.

In other Xbox Live Marketplace news, I have the HD version of the "Transformers" movie downloading tonight. Last week we downloaded the movie "Next" starring Nicholas Cage, Jessica Biel, and Julianne Moore. Never heard of it before but it was pretty high on the download list, the trailer looked interesting, and did I mention it had Nick Cage and Jessica Biel? It was actually a pretty cool movie. Short, but entertaining.

And if you ever wanted to know what kind of stuff I try really hard to put into my strategy guides, there's a scene in the movie where Cage points to a balcony and tells the FBI guy he's with to aim at the crack between the door and the wall. It's about a two-inch opening and Cage (who can see up to 2:00 into the future) tells him to hold his aim there for the guy who's about to emerge from the door. That's precisely the type of guidance I try to provide in my books. In a way, that's what these books do. We go ahead and explore every possible outcome so you don't have to. We walk past the door and get shot so we can then show you how not to.

And lastly, completely unrelated, but Kristin played a 2-player game of Culdcept SAGA with me tonight. She not only remembered how to play from when we used to play the original 2 years ago, but she was even doing pretty good. I so can't wait for this game to come out!

No comments: