Endurance Training Series

Wow. Let me just say that I never in a million years would have anticipated the level of interest I received in my proposed Endurance Training Series (ETS). If my inbox is any indication, there are over 20 people in the greater Seattle/Bellevue area who not only have an interest in increasing their endurance and, perhaps, long-distance mountain bike racing, but many seemingly can't wait to start.

So here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to take the next couple weeks to finish up some work, enjoy the holidays (and a friend's wedding in NJ), and set to designing my training and race-calendar for 2008 as best as I can at this point (heavily reliant on getting a lottery spot for the Leadville 100). Then, starting on January 5th at 10am, I'll begin the ETS. Rides will take place every Saturday at 10am and will be posted on the BBTC ride calendar. The plan is to start off without a rider limit since I imagine foul weather will force some people to reconsider leaving the warmth of their beds on blustery, wet, weekend mornings. However, if interest stays high and the number of riders proves to be a detriment to the quality of the training, then I'll consider adding a second ride on Sunday; it's not like I won't be riding 5-7 days a week anyway. However, the Sunday rides will certainly not begin until the weekend following the Super Bowl or the Seahawks are knocked out of the playoffs, whichever comes first.

No comments: