Done For the Year

That's it ladies and gentleman, as of today, October 31st, I am officially done working for the year. It was a great year, I authored another ten strategy guides (plus a small extra assignment), got to spend some time with a pre-release Xbox 360, got to play some really good games, and even found myself with about two months off in the spring and another couple months off at the end of the year.

I love this job.

Of course, it should be noted that I just completed a three month span in which I had authored over 5 books. I said it back in 2000 and I'll say it again today: I either work 0 hours a week or close to 100. It all comes out in the wash and although I'm not getting any younger, I am still young enough to endure this cycle for the foreseeable future.

Of course, I'm not going to simply vegetate till 2006. I have three more presentations to give this month to some high school freshmen, then it's off to Cincinatti for two days to get certified for another pair of presentations. I'll be speaking to Juniors and Seniors about life after high school in the spring. Not to mention a list of things I want to do around the house.

But for today, I will limit my exertion to deciding what videogame to play. This may take a while...

No comments: