In Case of Emergency...

Just checking in to let you all know that I'm fine and despite rumors that have begun circulating concerning my whereabouts, I was not injured in a hunting accident this weekend. I'm just really busy. Not shot. Busy.

But alas, I am rapidly approaching the end of this project and I will be able to return to joining my lovely wife in bed for more than 90 minutes before she wakes up for work. And it's a good thing too, because I don't want to miss any Olympics coverage but explaining to my editors that I'm late on a book because I spent all afternoon watching Canadians sweep ice isn't really a good career move for me at this time.

Oh, and about that whole hunting mishap involving Dick... the article in the paper today brought up a point that I didn't even consider: Had the lawyer-guy have shot Cheney by accident instead of the other way around, the Secret Service would have dropped him on the spot. And instead of comic gold, we'd have at least one dead guy on our hands and conspiracy theorists proclaiming Cheney was assasinated. Wow.

And kudos to The Scotland Herald for running with the headline, "Cheney Bags a Lawyer". Very nice.

No comments: