I Chose Poorly

After having downloaded the "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" trailer on Xbox Live yesterday and then having spent 2 hours with "Enchanted Arms" today, I can safely and begrudgingly admit that I chose the wrong game when shopping the other day. I'm not a super-hero fan and I never have been, but there's definitely something intriguing about a game with dozens of super-heros (especially one with the Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider) fighting together under your control.

On the other hand, "Enchanted Arms" is painfully boring, has the worst writing I've ever seen in a videogame, and the most ear-bleeding voice acting known to mankind. And I say this as someone who will defend to the death the quality of the voice acting in "Shenmue". Yes, "Enchanted Arms" is really that bad. I'm going to start up another game of it and record a video of one of the more heinous early discussions you encounter in the game and let you be the judge. Only because I want you all to suffer alongside me.

I'll post it on YouTube sometime tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully.

No comments: