So Long Gaming Forums

I can't take it anymore. I've been frequenting several videogame forums for the past 5 years or so and I just can't stomach the petty, juvenile, bickering that takes place anymore. I'm done. People who know only what bought-and-paid for gaming journalists tell them to believe espouse opinions as fact in such a derogatory manner that one can't help but scream at their computer monitor.

And what's weird about this is that this behavior seems unique to gamers. I never notice the level of immaturity and fanboyish behavior on forums catering to my other interests -- such as mountain biking, travel, or photography. Only gamers. Why people care so deeply about a consumer product is beyond me. The way these kids (and adults) act, you'd think they actually made the freaking games they're talking about. Who needs it? I sure don't.

3 comments:

Eric Floyd said...

You must not visit the other Forums enough...It's the same with Photography, Bikes and the Outdoors...

Eric

Eric Floyd said...

Alot of D*** Measuring...

Maarten said...

Sounds just like the inanity in comments at Slashdot. My bet is that it's the teenagers that produce most of it, and that you'll find the same thing anywhere you find teenage boys.