Kaiser Chiefs

I can tell you what I like about certain books, movies, and videogames, but when it comes to music I can't really put into words why I like certain bands or songs and dislike others. The more I try, the more I realize how fruitless my efforts are and how ridiculous I sound. So, instead of trying to explain to you why you should check out the UK band Kaiser Chiefs, I'll just tell you to head to iTunes and play the samples of "Ruby" and "Angry Mob". If you like either of them, then you'll be glad to know you can download the entire album Yours Truly, Angry Mob for $7.99.

While waiting for my bike to be pieced together yesterday afternoon, I stopped in at Easy Street Records on Mercer in Seattle (aka the BEST MUSIC STORE EVER) and whiled away an hour going through just about everything on this month's music station. That's how I came across the Kaiser Chiefs. I think I heard "Ruby" once or twice on my Yahoo Launchcast player. Anyway, there's a DJ Set & Signing for the Kaiser Chiefs next Wednesday at Easy Street, which I may go to.

In other music news, I'm an idiot. "American Jesus" was playing on the radio today and I immediately recognized the distinct sound of Bad Religion and got excited about the prospect of a new Bad Religion album. Umm... yeah, it turns out that song was released about 14 years ago. Kurt Loder I am not.

Speaking of Bad Religion, "Punk Rock Song" is an awesome track to mountain bike to and, as with most good punk music, is going to be especially appropriate giving the buildup to the coming presidential campaings. It's on the album The Grey Race, which in my opinion is one of the best punk albums ever.

No comments: