TR Training: Week #21 Numbers

Total Ride Time: 4:49:16
Total Mileage: 40.7 miles
Total Elevation Gain: 6,327 feet
Total Calories Burned: 5,874

Only rode twice this past week due to working round the clock and a back that wouldn't stop aching. Not much to report other than I rode the Thrilla in Woodinvilla on Wednesday, as always, and then headed out to the Olympic Peninsula on Saturday to ride the Lower Dungeness and Gold Creek trails -- one of my favorite loops in Washington. No road biking, unfortunately.

As you now know, I did get my new bike last night. Can I get a whoo-hoo? Whoo-hoo!

And all the bikers said woot-woo-woot, woot-woo-woot-woot, woot woo woot...

I'm going to be taking it on a 40 mile spin on the SVT up to Twin Falls and back this afternoon, barring a rainstorm. I'm also in the middle of filling out an application for membership to the Snoqualmie Ridge Athletic Club that opened last month. The place is really nice, has tons of great 2006 Precor fitness equipment, and is only about 4 blocks from my house. Most importantly (to me) it has a number of classes that focus on building core strength which is my top priority. I hate lifting -- I always have, even when running track in college -- and I absolutely despise gyms and working out indoors (I considered euthanizing the woman on the treadmill Sunday during my tour -- it was sunny and nearly 65 degrees outside) but increasing my core strength is integral to being able to go long on the mountain bike. The monthly prices are steep, but if I factor in the cost to drive someplace cheaper and my increased likelihood of actually going since I can jog there as a warmup, then it's probably worth the extra expense. And towels are included. It just pisses me off that it's almost 20% more expensive than Rain, where Kristin goes in Seattle. It'd be cheaper if we got a family membership, but Kristin likes her gym and goes everyday with a friend from work. Got to love these businesses that take advantage of we, the captive audience of Snoqualmie Ridge. Grumble, grumble.

Lastly, I picked up the generic version of those hot patches that Shaquille O'Neil is always advertising on tv for my back and it really worked! I put it on about 9pm on Sunday night and finally took it off around 4am because my back was on fire. They last about 8 hours and I have to say, minor scalding aside, those things work. My back felt much better yesterday! Hopefully better posture at my desk (or just less time at the desk, period) and the new bike geometry will help alleviate the soreness.

Worse comes to worse, I can always check Costco for a 5-gallon tub of Advil.

No comments: