TR Training: Week #8 Numbers

Total Saddle Time: 5 hours, 40 minutes
Total Mileage: 72.3 miles
Total Elevation Gain: 2210 feet
Weight Loss: -1.6 pounds

Week 8 was a Recovery Week in the program and although I only recently had one full week of riding in, it was important that I not stray from the plan. Not because I needed to recover from what I had done, but because I couldn't very well go a total of 5 weeks before the next scheduled Recovery Week. Especially now that, starting with week 9, the mileage and time spent on the bike has to really start increasing. This in spite of more scheduled snow for tonight.

A brief recap of my rather easy Recovery Week.

Monday: Scheduled Off Day
Tuesday: Mountain Biked the SVT to Rattlesnake Lake and back. 30 miles, 1550 feet of elevation gain.
Wednesday: Rode the trainer for an hour. Nice, steady 85rpm spin.
Thursday: Helped load roughly 8000 pounds of logs into a truck for two hours. That was enough.
Friday: Mountain Biked local snow-covered trails. Got in 9 miles of snowy riding.
Saturday: Scheduled Off Day
Sunday: Rode the trainer for an hour. Nice, steady 85-90rpm spin.

In other biking/training news, I had a great experience at TiCycles on Saturday and am waiting to hear back from the shop once its owner talks with Moots to see if I can fit on a standard stock geometry frame or if I need to go custom. This bike is likely to be a once-in-a-decade-or-two kind of purchase so if the measurements that were taken indicate a custom would be best, then we'll do it. However, I'm pretty sure that a shorter stem or switching to a laidback seatpost will give me enough flexibility to avoid the custom upcharge.

Also, Performance Bike store is selling all of their Spinervals DVD's for $24.99 (savings of $5-$10) and I picked one up. I forget the exact name of it, but it's difficulty rating is 9.9/10 and it is 3 hours of interval training. THREE HOURS! I'm totally doing it this week. Once I buy a small electric heater for the garage, it's gotten so cold in the garage that my knees are really starting to ache when I ride the trainer. And we can't have that!

No comments: