Catan

Want to know what I'm looking forward to playing 2007? If so, click right here and be sure to click on the screenshots on the right side of the page.

Catan places the player in the role of colonists on the newly discovered imaginary island of the same name. Through strategy and trading, 3-4 players vie for control over the valuable territory and resources of this uncharted wilderness. With ten million copies already sold, Settlers of Catan is the rare board game that appeals to casual players as much as hardcore enthusiasts.

Catan for Xbox Live! Arcade continues the tradition of great gameplay and easy accessibility. Players compete online with their friends from around the world or choose from up to 6 dynamic computer personalities. The game features a robust AI developed in a landmark collaboration between Klaus Teuber and Brian Reynolds, designer of Civilization II and Rise of Nations.


The game is due out in the first quarter of 2007 and already has the Achievements list posted on its website. I'm expecting it to sell for $15 and if it is anywhere near as good as I'm hoping it is, then this could be the best $15 I spend all year long. I used to love the Age of Empires series and enjoyed BHG's Rise of Nations but ever since playing Culdcept (completely different) I've had a thing board-game style strategy games. My fingers are crossed.

No comments: