TR Training: Week #11 Numbers

Total Saddle Time: 3 hours, 34 minutes
Total Mileage: 39.1 miles
Total Elevation Gain: 4220 feet

Life happens, right? Every week can't be a six or seven day cycling experience and I just have to accept it. This past week saw me get a root canal on Monday, spend Tuesday and Wednesday playing catch-up with work while feeling a little woozy from the painkillers.

I got back out on the bike Thursday for a weekly mountain bike training ride that leaves the Redhook Brewery in Woodinville at 6pm every week. Did it pretty fast too. Knocked a few more minutes of my best time on the course, but still have a ways to go before I can come close to the times some of the guys post during the mid-summer time trials. Anyway, Friday was a workday marathon and although I did get a 15 mile hill training ride in on Saturday at Poo-Poo Point, it was hardly the endurance training I had planned. And, well, Sunday was the Super Bowl and I had a party to prepare for... and then recover from.

No comments: