Wednesday, May 2nd
- Kennel dogs, load the truck with camping gear, kayaks, and mountain bike. Depart Snoqualmie, WA for Moab, UT by 9pm. Drive through the night.
Thursday, May 3rd
- Arrive in Moab, check into motel, and collect our bearings. Rest.
Friday, May 4th
- Meet up with Kenobonn (arriving separately) and mountain bike the Slickrock Trail for a warmup.
- Gather gear and combine equipment for Kokopelli's Trail multi-day ride. Get a good night's rest.
Saturday, May 5th
- Mountain biking the 142-mile Kokopelli's Trail with Kenobonn. Kristin will take support vehicle and meet us at Castle Valley Road for camp #1. Roughly 25 miles, mostly uphill. Camp at Rock Castle campground.
We're travelling from right-to-left as shown on the profile.
Day 1 is gonna suck!
Sunday, May 6th
- Day #2 on Kokopelli's Trail. Riding from Castle Valley Road to Cisco Landing. Kristin will meet us at Dewey Bridge for water refills and food. Roughly 62 miles. Camp near Cisco Landing.
Monday, May 7th
- Day #3 on Kokopelli's Trail. Riding from Cisco Landing to the trail's terminus near Loma, CO. Kristin will meet us at Rabbit Valley for water refills and food. Roughly 57 miles.
- Return to Moab, UT for dinner, drinks, and to check back into motel. Bid Ken farewell.
Tuesday, May 8th
- Full day whitewater rafting on the Colorado River with Adrift Adventures guide service. One more night in a Moab motel. Going to find a bike shop to store my mountain bike for several days.
Wednesday, May 9th
- Sunrise start for hiking Arches National Park in the morning.
- Check out of motel, lunch in Moab, start driving south.
- Evening hiking in Canyonlands National Park and camp the night at Willow Flat Campground near Green River Overlook. Sunset hike.
Thursday, May 10th
- Sunrise hike in the Upheaval Dome area of Canyonlands National Park.
- Drive to Natural Bridges National Monument.
- Drive to Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and camp at Hall's Landing.
Friday, May 11th
- Load up kayaks with camping gear and paddle upstream in Lake Powell towards Moqui Canyon for some canyon hiking.
- Spend the day paddling the lake. Will camp on an isolated beach.
Saturday, May 12th
- Day #2 on Lake Powell. Paddle kayaks back to Hall's Crossing and, if time permits, head downstream to Lost Eden Canyon for additional photo-ops.
- Return to the car at Hall's Crossing and make the drive back to Moab to retrieve my mountain bike.
- Begin drive back home. Drive through the night and arrive home Sunday afternoon.