Stainless Surprise

Kristin made me a french press of coffee last night around 10:30pm and brought it up to my office in the stainless steel thermos I've had since the 90's. It's dented, has some old surf shop stickers on it and has generally been everywhere I've been.

It's now 8:30 in the morning, 10 hours later. I ended up going to bed before drinking much coffee last night and don't feel like making any right now, so I opened the thermos. I figured I would just pop a mug full of java into the microwave for a quick fix and then hit up a Starbucks later this morning on the way home from the vet.

Would you believe the coffee is still hot? Steam rose from the mug as I poured the coffee and when I reached to grab the mug, I was shocked to find that the mug was actually getting hot too. Not scalding hot, of course, but definitely warm to the touch and the coffee needs no heating at all.

I've always been amazed at how long this thermos kept things hot, but never overnight before. If you need a good thermos, I have to say that the Nissan Stainless 34oz thermos is the way to go. Google tells me they're available at Target for $30.

No comments: