Ape Canyon

Looking forward to finally getting in a big mountain bike ride at Mount St. Helens this weekend and doing some camping. This summer has been so hectic I've had to skip club trips to Bend, Oregon and Sun Valley, Idaho as well as my own organized trip to the Naches River area. But not this time!

Heading down Saturday morning with my friend Ellen. Going to get there about an hour after the scheduled start time (3.5 hour ride) and planning on riding hard to catch the main group of 30 people that will be starting ahead of us. The ride is over 20 miles with about 2000 feet of climbing and apparently offers pretty awesome views all day long. I can't wait! Going to camp Saturday night then ride with the group Sunday Morning on a 12-mile stretch of trail that is supposed to just have an incredibly long and fun downhill.

Now if only my bike was in proper working order. It's getting new chainrings, cassette, and chain as we speak but I also need new bushings and seals on the front fork and they had to be ordered. Little to no chance of me getting the fork fixed up by Friday night, so I'll be riding on a slight wobble come Saturday, but I've been doing that for a month now.

Here a link to a description of the Ape Canyon ride.

And here's a link to a photo of the trail. I'll have my own photos up next week.

No comments: