Master of Defense, One More Post

It's now 4:30 in the afternoon and I have no idea where the day has gone. And unlike most days, I was up and about by 7:00 this morning. I've been sitting at my desk playing Master of Defense over and over in attempt to crack the top 100 list in Survival Mode. I need a score of 146 or better and after gradually besting my score from 79 to 94 to 97, I finally broke free and scored 142. I didn't lose a single civilian until the 108th raid and I thought for sure that this was going to be my chance to kick down the door and score at least 150. Nope.

The thing about Master of Defense -- aside from its time-sucking, addictive nature -- is that once one of the monsters get through your defenses and kills a civilian in the castle, it's pretty much an unpluggable leak in your dam and it's only a matter of time (not much time, that is) until you're giving up 6 to 10 civilians per raid. Sure, it's possible to bounce back and not give up any for a few raids, but once you lose a civilian in two consecutive raids, you can kiss it all goodbye. You're behind the curve at that point and there is no possible way to climb back on top.

Well, after having nursed my survival in the game all the way to the 142nd raid -- and having wasted another 3 hours with no mention of my efforts in the High Scores list -- I think it's time I uninstall this game. I've clearly gotten my $20 worth and I have the zip file and key code saved to a disc so if I ever get the urge to give it another go in the future, I can. But I need to get on with my life. For a very simplistic game that has no chance of being released at retail in the USA, it sure was fun. Actually, it's really not that fun. It's just addictive. I don't know, my head hurts from playing this game too long.

But in case you missed the previous links I posted. Here's the link to the game's website where you can tempt yourself with the demo... and then crack and purchase the full game.

http://www.towerdefence.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I love that game ^^

Could I use your code though? I'd really appreciate it =X Email me at germboy89 at hotmail dot com