Fantasy Baseball Draft - 2007 Edition

Each of the past few years has seen me spend at least a dozen hours getting ready for the fantasy draft. This year? Not so much. Much like my NCAA bracket, I basically winged it. Sure, I printed out some of the "cheat sheets" the experts put together online and I'd be lying if I said I didn't remember at least some of the 800+ pages of stats I typed in when writing the guidebook for MLB 2K7. Nevertheless, I felt woefully unprepared for the draft and was constantly rooting through various websites and reports during the 3.5 hour draft to try and prevent my team from becoming the Washington Nationals (hysterical article by the way) of the Yahoo.com "Brewer's Baseball" league of Fantasy Baseball.

Anyway, without further ado, for those who don't care in the least, here's my 2007 Fantasy Baseball team:

Inconceivable Wisdom
  1. Carlos Beltran, OF, NYM
  2. Grady Sizemore, OF, CLE
  3. Chris Carpenter, SP, STL
  4. Mark Teixeira, 1B, TEX
  5. Roy Halladay, SP, TOR
  6. Brian Roberts, 2B, BAL
  7. Bobby Jenks, RP, CHW
  8. Felix Hernandez, SP, SEA
  9. Nick Swisher, 1B/OF, OAK
  10. Carlos Guillen, SS, DET
  11. Rich Hill, SP, CHC
  12. Michael Barrett, C, CHC
  13. Jose Valverde, RP, ARI
  14. Adrian Beltre, 3B, SEA
  15. Salomon Torres, RP, PIT
  16. Sammy Sosa, OF, TEX
  17. Corey Patterson, OF, BAL
  18. Tom Gorzelanny, SP, PIT
  19. Frank Thomas, UTIL, TOR
  20. Patrick Neshek, RP, MIN
  21. Nick Punto, 2B/3B/SS, MIN
  22. Cla Meredith, RP, SD

Yep, I'm screwed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I was doing incredibly well until North Carolina lost yesterday. Oh well, now I can just sit back and enjoy the remaining games for what they are, without worrying about how needs to win for me. :-)

Doug Walsh said...

Yep, I had UNC making the Final Four as well. I have Florida over Ohio State in the final game.

Thanks for reading along, good to hear from you.

By the way, isn't it great to see a fantasy baseball lineup without any Yankees on it? ;)

Anonymous said...

hahah Well, I haven't been very "up" on baseball in quite some time, but one of my labmates is a staunch Mets fan--he and his friends attend as many games as possible--so I actually know more about them than the Yankees these days!

Good luck to your teams, basketball and baseball alike, and to you with all of your athleticism.