TMNT

How much is a trip down memory lane worth?

If the answer to that question is $5, then you're in luck. This week's Live Arcade release is the arcade classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and word on the HTML street is that this particular version supports 4-player Co-Op play via Xbox Live. For those like me who dumped pocket fulls of quarters into the arcade machine as a kid, this is indeed very good news.

And, unlike other recent nostalgic binges like Frogger, Galaga, Pac-Man, and Root Beer Tapper there is the chance that this won't be yet another case of rose-colored memories. The chance is there, but I'm hoping it lives up the memories. For starters, the game is a good bit "newer" than those old 80's classics. And if nothing else, the ability to play 4-player games with friends (assuming they buy it) will be great fun. And if the game sucks, well, then we'll just make fun of it together. Either way, I'm sure I'll laugh.

So, if you want to get your ninja groove on, send a "cowabunga" over to me on Live and I'll grab my bo staff and join you. Just as soon as I complete the last 2 challenges on Worms. Errr, what I really meant was as soon as I finish writing this guidebook for Dawn of Mana.

No comments: