The Moment They've All Been Waiting For

No, I'm not unveiling my new bike -- quite the contrary actually.

Instead, it's been announced today that next week's Xbox Live Arcade release is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. The 2D action-adventure is widely considered one of the best Playstation games ever made and there are many who would say it's one of the best games ever. Period. It will be available for download next Wednesday for 800 points ($10 US) and features improved visuals to take advantage of high-definition televisions and also contains "modernized sound", widescreen support, online leaderboards, and of course, Achievements.

I ended up deciding against downloading this week's TMNT game as I just know I'm not really going to play it. But SOTN? Definitely. Especially since I never played it the first time around. I actually bought it for $5 at a grocery store in Greenville, NC several years ago, never opened it, then proceeded to sell it on Ebay last year for about 5x what I paid for it. So even with the $10 download fee, I'm still up a few bucks and will finally get to play it. I can't wait.

Click here for a bunch of screenshots.

No comments: