New Bike Parts Ordered

Thanks to Pricepoint.com's annual end-of-year sale, I was able to start buying the parts I'll need to build up my new bike. Wasn't looking to get everything just yet, but did want to take advantage of the sale to save on some of the primary components. This is all going towards the Ellsworth Evolve 29er which I'll hopefully be ordering next week sometime. If everythings goes according to plan, I'll have the bike built up and ready to roll sometime late January.

- Sram X.O Shorty Shifters w/X.O Rear Derailleur (32% savings)
- Sram PG 970 9-Speed Cassette (17% savings)
- Avid Juicy 7 185mm Front Hydraulic Disc Brake (48% savings)
- Avid Juicy 7 160mm Rear Hydraulic Disc Brake (48% savings)
- TruVativ Stylo Team GXP Crankset w/Bottom Bracket (32% savings)
- Mavic 719 29er Wheelset with Shimano XTM756 Hubs ($250 pair)

This leaves the frame, fork, headset, stem, handlebar, seatpost, seat, grips, pedals and chain. As well as cabling and any miscellaneous bolts, fasteners, etc. I have written down the parts I want, it's just a matter of spreading out the expense and shopping around. But this is a big first step towards building up one sweet bike. A bike that I'll have way too many miles on by this time next year.

No comments: